Friday, November 15, 2013

Outdoor Running

I much prefer to run outside. When I run outside I don't use an ipod or listen to any music. I just listen to my feet hitting the pavement - that rhythmic sound propels me forward. Especially in the fall when each step crunches into some newly fallen leaves. But we're quickly approaching the "run indoors only" weather. At least for this running mama. I know some die hard Minnesotans who run throughout the winter, but once there's ice on the ground I'm a treadmill girl until Spring. With the weather hovering in the mid 40s I had to take advantage of an outdoor run. I was lucky enough yesterday to have the company of my husband. We work in the same building downtown even though we work for two totally different companies. Occasionally that provides the opportunity to run together. It's always been a great benefit, but it's even more so now that we have Baby K. I made sure to dress warmly enough that I would be able to enjoy the run, but not overly so.

That's the lovely locker room in the gym at work. Yes I took a selfy... oh the shame. I have to admit that I much prefer reading blogs where people post pictures and I'm assuming it's the same for all of you out there. (All 3 of you.... HI!) So there you go. I wore running pants and a long sleeve shirt. I have a Halo Headband that I bought at a race expo last year that was perfect to just keep my ears warm but let my head breathe. I highly recommend using them for warmer winter running days. When it gets frigid I'm a full on hat girl though. 

My husband didn't have a lot of time so we did a 3 mile outdoor run. It was really nice to be able to run together. When we got back to the gym I was going to pop onto the treadmill and do one more mile but all the treadmills were full, so instead I did some lifting to round out the workout. 

Last night I went to Happy Hour with some girlfriends at World Street Kitchen. It was fun to catch up with them and leave K with dad. I wasn't a huge fan of what I ordered to eat, but my friend at work says she's gotten really good food there so don't my meal as a reason not to check it out. 

K turned 4 months old yesterday - and he's pretty freaking excited about it :)


That's all I have for now. I plan to run outside again today - a nice 4.5 mile loop. At my work we have a tradition of cracking a beer or pouring a glass of wine on Fridays at around 3:30pm. I plan to enjoy Beer Friday to round out the work week. Have an awesome weekend and I'll catch up with you guys next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment