Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Is she really complaining?

I better start out this post by apologizing to all the new moms out there (Elise! Molly! Ana! etc). I mean Mother of 2 week old Kellan would look at me today - Mother of 4+ month old Kellan and laugh that I have the audaciity to complain. But things in the present are HARD and things that have already happened don't seem that bad haha.

So let me get the meat of my complaint. Sleep! Kellan has had a few rough nights. He had been sleeping pretty well only waking up once a night for a dream type feed and back to bed. I was dancing in sugar plums! Or something like that - you'll have to excuse my sleep deprived mind. Two nights ago my dear son was up several times in the night and then decided it was time to get up for good at 4:45am. FOUR... FORTY FIVE. In the AY EM! Luckily Pete came down at 5:45am and I was able to go back to bed at 6am for a little more shut eye before the day started. Last night Kellan woke up at 9:45pm - talked to himself in his crib and fell back asleep. H was up again at 11:30pm and before I even peeled myself out of bed I knew it was going to be a tough night because 11:30pm is way too early for his first wake up time. He ate and then had really bad gas - poor kiddo. Pete came down to the sound of cries around 12:15am and we stood listening to Pink Floyd in Kellan's nursery rocking him and kissing his face and staring at each other silently knowing we were in for a long haul of a night. He finally fell back asleep at 1am. But alas he was up again at 3:30am. Ha! Of course he was. Why would he want to sleep for more than 2.5 hours? That would be just SILLY! He was up until 4:30am and crashed from what I can only assume was pure exhaustion.

Needless to say we were a tired bunch this morning. I know this will pass and so I don't let myself get too upset by all of it. And that kiddo is just too cute to ever be mad at.


Up all night? WHO ME?? NAH!!!

To top off the morning when we pulled into the parking ramp at work I realized I had forgotten my gym clothes. Likely on the kitchen floor. Awesome. 

Luckily I was able to borrow a sports bra from someone at work. Go ahead judge me. I really wanted to workout. Because you know what cures a night of no sleep?!? A HIIT workout!! Right? Especially when you are wearing a borrowed sports bra and long sleeves indoors because it's the only thing you could scrounge out of your locker. 

Tuesday's Workout - HIIT and a Circuit
HIIT Intervals = 1:50 minutes @ between 6.1 - 6.5, then 1:10 minutes @ 10.0 - 8 Intervals
Distance: 3.18 miles
Time: 24:00
Pace: 7:43/mile

Circuit: 
10 lb weighted side hypers - 15 reps
Medicine Ball Knee Ups - 1 minute
Elevated Bench Dips - 15 Reps
15 lb Arm Curls - 12 Reps 

Repeat the Circuit 3 times. 



And just to be consistent I did get in a workout on Monday: 

Monday's workout: 
Workout: Treadmill Run
Distance: 4 miles
Time: 32:12
Pace: 8:04/mile

One more work day and then we're all off for the weekend. We have a jam packed schedule but we're looking forward to some quality time with our families and to celebrate Kellan's first Thanksgiving. Not that he cares. He'll enjoy the time with all his grandparents and aunts and uncle though!













No comments:

Post a Comment