Tuesday, February 25, 2014

It's Official - he's Crawling and Crazy

It's official - Kellan is crawling. For the last few weeks he would eek forward slightly on all fours and then give up. We knew the crawling was coming, but then for over a week he kind of gave up on the whole crawling thing and was obsessed with standing. Standing. Standing! EVERYWHERE STANDING! All of the kids in his daycare class walk, so it makes sense that he wants to skip the whole crawling thing and go straight to walking, but walking is hard. And last night my dude crawled officially 3 different times, to 3 different locations. It has begun.

Does Kellan want to crawl to his mama? No.
Does Kellan want to crawl to his daddy? No.
Does Kellan want to crawl over to try to touch the space heater? YES.
Does he want to crawl over and put his arms entirely inside the dog's full water dish? Why yes he does. :)

He is going to be T.R.O.U.B.L.E. The kid has no fear - he's all boy - no guts, no glory.

We already had the plug covers, but the baby gates need to be installed ASAP and the table corner bumper, foamy, thingies are in my Amazon Prime cart on their way to my house! Life is changing. Quickly. Gone are the days of setting Kellan to happily play on the rug in the kitchen while mama whips up a healthy batch of Banana Muffins. Gone are the days of setting Kellan on the floor of the bathroom with a few toys while mama does her hair in the morning. It's going to be a crazy ride and his dad and I can't wait! We are so excited for Kellan and all these new adventures he'll find himself in. We just want to make the world he's about to explore as safe as possible. :)

In other news I've been sick. Again. I swear to god I am Kellan's sickness filter. He brings home germs, puts them directly into my mouth with his hands, I build up immunity - which luckily he gets through breast feeding, and then I get sick and he does not. I'm not complaining, because I would gladly take the sickness and have him not get it, but jeez I've been sick A LOT this year.

I wasn't able to work out on Monday because work was swamped and honestly I was really tired anyway. I did get in a 3 mile run today. Tomorrow is my Wednesday off from work with Kellan. I am going to drop him off at daycare for an hour in the afternoon and try to get in a 6 mile run at the gym. EEEEK! We'll see how it goes. I'll leave you with this picture of Kellan who is loving playing with the dog lately. CUTE! Future Best Friends :)





No comments:

Post a Comment