Wednesday, February 12, 2014

24 Hour Flu

First let's catch up from last week. On Thursday I got in a good run at lunch and then we had our final broomball game of the season. And we won! It was such a fun game and it was a great way to end the season.



On Friday I was able to get down to the gym for a HIIT workout on the treadmill.

Friday's Workout: HIIT Run
Distance: 3 miles
Pace: 7:18/mile

I was able to keep up a good pace and it really made me start to wonder what I could achieve if I set my mind to training for a 5k for a couple of months, but I just really don't have an interest in that distance. I'll stick to training for nothing hahaha - and just try to increase my miles for my inevitable 10ks, half marathon and Ragnar this year.

We had a great weekend with a lot of plans. On Sunday at about 3:30pm I started to not feel so great. I was getting really tired. Pete had been gone brewing all day and when he got home at 5:30pm I was starting to feel even worse. By 7pm I was struggling big time. I got Kellan down to sleep and went to bed. AT 7PM! I woke at 8:30pm and had to literally run to the bathroom because I was throwing up. It was a really horrible 24 hours. Thank god it didn't last longer because I was feeling really bad. By Tuesday I was back at work. I did go to the gym, but I was still pretty weak so I just did a lighter lift session.

I have the day off today with Kellan. We are going to go to Southdale to check out the kid's play area I've heard about. And then this afternoon we are going to see Kellan's best friend, Eva. Elise and I will hang out and let the kids play/nap/be crazy.

Kellan has been growing so fast. When I go to get him from his crib in the mornings now he is sitting up on his butt in his crib. It's so cute and there's no question about whether he is going to fall back asleep anymore since he's sitting straight up. He can also pull himself up to standing in there so Pete had to lower the crib down. It's just crazy how fast they grow. My sister in law is due in 3 weeks and I just can't even imagine how small that little guy is going to be compared to my big boy. He's just growing up so fast!

I'll need to get a run in tomorrow and Friday to try to keep up with my goal. Hopefully I'll be able to make that happen.

I hope everyone is having a great week. I'll try to check in again tomorrow or Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment