Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Rockin' Weekend and Pete's Birthday Week

We had a great weekend. Friday night was a chill night at home. Saturday we got up and did some things around the house - grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. Then we took Kellan to his swim lesson - which he still loves so much. That's so awesome. Saturday afternoon we hung out with Pete's mom for a little while and had lunch - it was super nice to spend some time with her. Saturday night we went over to Pete's (twin) brother's house. I made a chicken rice bowl recipe to celebrate their birthday - which is coming up tomorrow. It was super fun and Kellan loved hanging out with his Aunt Carly and his future cousin!!!




Too cute - I die. I can't wait for those kiddos to hang out in real life! Amazing. I feel incredibly lucky to have family that we really like hanging out with on both sides! WOW. 

Sunday Pete was brewing with his friends so my mom and I took the little dude to a free event in Minneapolis called Rock the Cradle. 


I heard that the event was pretty busy and some people even told me to skip it because it gets too crowded. We decided to get there early and got inside 10 minutes before the event was supposed to start. There were areas all throughout the Art Museum that were set up with different activities for the kiddos. We headed straight to the photo booth for a quick photo. I think they are going to email it to me - so I'll post it when I get it. Then we went to the Cartoon and Music production. It was put on by a guy that is a cartoon illustrator that mixes his cartoons up a big projection screen with songs that he sings about the characters in the story. Well - Kellan LOVED it. They gave out these weird moracca things that made noise. He loved the music and he was really digging watching the other kids dance. It was awesome and I loved that my mom got to spend the time with him. 


After the event we went to lunch at one of our favorite spots - Mill Valley Kitchen. We split the hummus plate and each got a bowl of their Vegan Chili. It is SO good. Everything I've ordered there has been really good. It's a different concept of a restaurant because they list the calories and I think the protein level in each meal. It's pretty awesome. It's organic. We really like going there - so it was a treat for me to get to spend that time with my mom at a place we both enjoy so much. And she paid for lunch too! I am so lucky!

Sunday night I had one pooped kiddo. He took a long bath at night and then passed out on my lap during his last feeding of the night. HOW CUTE! And don't worry - his cheeks are only red because his exema was a little red from the longer bath. What a cutie. God I love that kiddo. 


He was up really early on Monday morning so I was up too. While he played on the floor I did a circuit workout on the floor next to him. 

Monday's Workout: Circuits

15 push ups, 15 Table Dips, 15 Squats (repeat the circuit 3 times)
15 - 15lb arm curls, 10 - 15lb overhead presses, 15 sit ups (repeat the circuit 3 times)

It was nice to get a quick workout in before the day even started. Then I took the stairs to work which is 15 flights. Not to shabby. That afternoon we actually went to go look at a house we were interested in. It's crazy to be starting the process or even the THOUGHT PROCESS of moving, but we're getting to the point where we are ready for a bigger house with a different layout. I'll talk more about that in a future post. 

I took the stairs up to work again today - maybe it's a new habit?? I also got down to the gym over lunch. 

Tuesday's Workout: Treadmill Run
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 39:52
Pace: 7:47/mile

Tomorrow is Pete's birthday so we'll be celebrating and I have to wrap his presents tonight. He has the golf simulator tonight with his buddies so Kellan and I can have a wrapping party :)

Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment