Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Madness

It has been so long since I blogged. Sad. And sorry. 

To start - I'll recap my workouts over the  holidays, which to be honest were tough to fit into all the madness. 

Thursday (12/19) - 
Worked out at the gym at work but I can't remember what I did. 

Saturday (12/21) - 
Broomball practice on the ice for an hour. I was INCREDIBLY sore for a few days. It was a really hard workout. I'm not used to sprinting right now that's for sure

Monday (12/23) - 
Went to the LA Fitness by my house for a quick 3 mile treadmill run since we had the day off of work. 

Friday (12/27) - 
4 miles on the treadmill at a 7:50/mile pace. WHOOT!

Today (12/30) - 
4 miles on the treadmill at a 7:38/mile pace. WHAT? HOLLLLAAAA!!

So yeah I think I did pretty well considering how busy we were. We had 7 celebrations in 4 days starting on Sunday and going through Wednesday. It was so busy and a little stressful, but I can't complain about having a lot of people in our lives that love us. Kellan was overwhelmed by all the travelling and all the people and all the presents, but honestly he did pretty awesome. I love that kiddo. He ended up starting to get pretty sick as the holiday gatherings continued and I figured he was teething and tired. He has 2 bottom teeth coming through and my god those things are sharp! 

Well Wednesday (Christmas Day) he ended up with a fever around 3pm. Poor peanut guy. I was a worried first time mom with a kid with a fever on a holiday! He got up to 102.5 which was scary for me, but I guess totally normal for a baby. Whew. We made it through after lots of snuggles from mom and dad and a little infant's tylenol to bring the heat down to a more manageable level. If I'm being honest he was still pretty crabby even last night so he's still fighting it. Awwww.... :(

Here are a few pictures from the past few days. 

First is a picture of Kellan on the night after he had his fever being adorable in the laundry hamper. We were letting him hang out in there while we folded laundry and seeing him smile made me feel better that he was starting to feel a little bit more like himself. 

We were dog sitting for our nephew dog, Pepper, over the weekend. Pete's brother's dog. The dog cousins had SO MUCH fun together. It's really cute to see them together. Except when they bark while you have a sick baby sleeping hahaha. Silly doggies! We loved having him come visit though and look forward to having him come stay with us again. We can't wait for his brother to come stay with us too. His human brother that is, who is due in March. I CAN'T WAIT!

Here's a picture of K being adorable in one of the new outfits he got from his Oma for Christmas. We got so many great things for him and I feel so lucky that he has so many family members that really love him. It's an amazing thing. Kind of like it takes a tribe to raise a child or something like that. He will get so much value from each of the people in his life that love him and I feel so great about that. 

And finally - yesterday we went to go see the final Vikings game of the year with some of our friends, Jay and Cheryl, who have a 3 year old. He was so amazing with Kellan and to be honest Kellan loves NOTHING more than other little boys. How cute is that?? So here is a picture of those two hanging out. I DIE - they are too cute. Honestly. It was super fun to see them and catch up. Our little boys will be out running around together and jumping off the boat together in just a few year's time :)

That's all I have for now. Sorry I was MIA over the holidays, but were people really even reading blogs over the holidays? Everyone was probably as busy as we were. 

Any funny holiday moments to share???

No comments:

Post a Comment